Terry Quanborough, PMP
Terry Quanborough is an experienced senior business manager and consultant with specific expertise in systems integration, consulting services and program & project management.
Terry has over 30 years of IT industry experience, including 15 years with a major multinational IT corporation where he was one of the Asia Pacific Executive Team. His business responsibilities included revenue, margin and client satisfaction for Professional Services deployed across Asia Pacific.
Terry provides consulting services to organizations’, to improve their effectiveness in project governance through a variety of activities including:
- Working with senior managers to build effective governance frameworks for programs & projects
- Establishing and/or reviewing the effectiveness of existing Program/Project Management Offices with associated methods, tools, policies & processes
- Undertaking independent project health checks and reviews
- Delivering project management related staff development and training programs
- Providing expertise on business cases and bid management activities and acting as bid adviser to organizations
He has undertaken business assignments throughout Asia, including the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, India, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan. In addition he has worked on assignments in Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and UK.
Terry has been responsible for the health of a major project portfolio across Asia Pacific plus project management competency and best practices. He was also the custodian/co-developer of a methodology and a project management training and development program. In addition, he drove Project Management Institute (PMI) certification for program/project managers and introduced the concept, then managed and delivered Project Management Universities across Asia Pacific. This model was subsequently rolled out worldwide.
Terry believes that whilst project management training and development is essential, it is how the project manager and team apply that knowledge that is the key to program & project success.
He conducts a range of public and in-house Project Management training courses.
Key reference projects
Establishment and management of Program/Project Management Offices and/or methods for:
- Multinational IT Company
- International Software House
- Several Australian Federal and State Government Departments
- Law Enforcement Agency
- Road Services Association
- Computer Distributor
Risk Management Workshops for Government Dept
Project Reviews including a CRM project for major Malaysian Bank
Project Management assignments (various)
Professional & academic experience
- Graduate of Mt. Eliza Business School Executive Program
- Post-graduate Diploma in Management Studies (DMS)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- Fellow: Chartered Management Institute (FCMI)
- Member: Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Member: British Computer Society – The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS)
- Member: New Zealand Computer Society (NZCS)
- Speaker at International Project Management Conferences & Seminars
- Founder member of PMI Sydney Chapter serving as a Board Director for 5 years
- Winner of PMI Australia Chapter’s ‘Distinguished Contribution Award’